Services & Election Information
For more information on any township services listed below (or unlisted), please contact:
Barb Hall - Clerk
Phone: (231) 625-2914
Fax: (231) 625-9023
Last Thursday of each month; up to five bags may be placed out for pickup.
Recycle bins are located behind Township Hall on Mann Road. To make use of County sites please have your recycle permit in plain view on dashboard. County locations and recyclable products/descriptions: Click Here.
More information on this subject is forthcoming.
Oak Hill Cemetery
Oak Hill Cemetery is located in Benton Township just north of Aloha Township, five miles south-east of Cheboygan on M-33 in Cheboygan County. Oak Hill Cemetery, is owned by the Townships of Aloha, Benton, Grant and Mullett. It is operated and managed by a Cemetery Board.
Absent Voter Ballots
Absentee ballots are available to you for all elections if:
- You are unable to vote without assistance;
- You are 60 years of age or older;
- You expect to be absent from your township on election day;
- You are in jail, awaiting arraignment or trial;
- You are unable to attend the polls because of religious beliefs;
- You have been appointed as an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside.
If you want the ballot mailed, make your request early to allow for delivery. You may also vote in person at the Township Clerk’s home office anytime up to the day before the election. All absent voter ballots must be received by the clerk not later than 8 PM on Election Day.
Absentee Ballots are available by submitting the application below:
- Application for Absent Voters Ballot — March 8, 2016 Presidential Primary
- Application for Absent Voters Ballot
Mail Application to:Clerk Barb Hall
5104 Paradise Trail
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Have you considered working as an election inspector? Inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on election day. Registered voters interested in serving as election inspectors must submit the application below to the clerk.
To be appointed you must be a registered voter of Cheboygan County. If appointed you may be asked to work in a township other than the one you are a registered voter in. You cannot be a challenger, candidate, member of a candidates immediate family, or a member of the local board of canvassers. Anyone convicted of a felony or an elections crime may not serve.